Tuesday, September 21, 2010
T is for Trouble...
Camden just can't help it... Trouble just seems to find him :) As I was folding laundry, the boys were "hiding" from me. When you are 5 & 2 one of the best places to play/hide is the pantry. Several minutes after the game was over Kaden came to me and said that Cam had spilled sprinkles all over... As it turns out, Kaden had gotten the sprinkles down and given them to him "to look at". The rest is history- he had them open in no time and when I opened the door to survey the damage he was putting the Christmas sugar sprinkles into his mouth by the handful! The picture shows them confined to the shelf but they were EVERYWHERE!! It was a total mess but I had to laugh- he is always wanting to get at my sprinkles so today he had his wish with his brother as his accomplice :) As I drug out the vacuum I realized boys will be boys- and that this was a chance to get the dust bunnies I had seen in their this morning :)
We are all anxiously awaiting the consistent cool- down of fall. Mother Nature teased us a couple of weeks ago with cooler temps but this week not-so-much. But we decided to brave it one morning after taking McKenna to the bus- we got out our paints and went to work making pictures of fall trees...
Part way through, I was really glad we had decided to do this outside.. By the time we were done both boys were wearing a significant amount of paint and clean-up required the hose- good thing it was plenty warm enough for that!
McKenna just turned in her first big project this year! This time it was for geography- the assignment was to make a world map that included all 7 continents, the oceans, a compass, identifying AZ & Gilbert. Additionally you could choose 10 states in the US and either identify a main landform or something that state was known for (this was above & beyond) and make a key to depict. We were so proud of how she tackled this project! She had 2 full weeks so we worked on the weekends. She was overwhelmed at first trying to draw (by hand- no tracing or cutting & pasting an existing map allowed!). She really did great though! She did decide to identify what 10 states were known for and make a key showing her symbols. I had picked up a set of US "flashcards" from the dollar bins at Target a couple months ago so they came in handy for this! We topped it off at the end by doing glitter for the oceans- it turned out perfect! I am excited to know how it went when she turned it in today, she was so proud!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment