Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Dog-gone Birthday



 It's hard to believe it has already been 6 months since we took the leap into pet-ownership! Yes, I think it's safe to say our Golden-Doodle, Gabby is worthy of the title "Man's Best Friend."  And now she is 1 year old!  So in honor of her birthday Kaden & I decided we would make her some dog treats...


Stirring up the dough...


Cutting them out...


The finished product! And Gabby even likes them!

DOG BONES

Combine the following ingredients:

2 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. nonfat dry milk
1 egg
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 beef bouillon cubes dissolved in boiling water
2 T. brown sugar
Knead dough for 1 minute.  Roll 1/4" thick.  Cut out and place on greased cookie sheet (or use parchment).  Bake at 300 degrees for 30 min.  Cool.  Place in a jar and keep in a cool place.








1 comment:

  1. Hooray for doggy birthdays! I love the doggy treats....GREAT IDEA! I don't have a dog...or I would be doing this too! Maybe we can make them for our neighbors dog??? =0

    ReplyDelete