We decided to kick of our celebration the night before with a night swim with some glowing balloons. They LOVED it! We got white balloons and a dozen glow bracelets from the Dollar Store. We blew the balloons part way up then slid the glow sticks (already "cracked" so they are glowing) in, then finished blowing up the balloons. We wanted it to be a surprise for the kids so after I blew them all up I put them in black yard bags and the Daddy sneaked them out back and put them into the pool. It was still too light to really see them glow when we first got in but by the time we got out they looked awesome! We gave each kid a glow necklace too which came in handy once it was dark- it was the only way we could see where they were! After we were done swimming we dried them off and brought them inside for some more fun.
![]() |
| It was such a beautiful night! |
Last night having a 3- year old in the house- a little bittersweet. I have enjoyed him so much! But the time has gone so very fast!
McKenna and our niece, Rebecca decorated downstairs after he went to bed so he was so excited to see everything when he woke up. I had the birthday crown ready for him to put on and he has worn it almost all day! I made it out of foam and got the template from Family Fun magazine. While I was at it I went ahead and made one for Kaden's birthday on Saturday.
The birthday kid gets to use the boot cup. We had gotten this and a cool cowboy-esque plate for McKenna a few years ago for her birthday since she's so crazy for horses and now it's gotten to be a tradition. They always remember it, even if I forget to get it out! This year both boys requested chocolate cake so I found a recipe for devil's food chocolate cake on the box of my Softasilk cake flour- it was a hit!
A "C" for Camden to put on the wall in his room, painted by Kaden.
Playing with the Zoobs Cam got from Grandma. They decided to tackle one of the most complicated ones right away- the dinosaur that took 125 pieces. We love these things, this is the second set we have. The boys play with them a lot and love to make up all kinds of vehicles, ladders etc. It's always fun to see what they come up with!
It's been a couple of super fun days here, I think we will all sleep well tonight :)









Happy 4th Birthday Camden. I looks like you had a great birthday.
ReplyDeleteJoe & Luann Jones