Thursday, August 12, 2010

Crafty Kids

Lately we have been painting up a storm!  It started when the Gorslines Midwest (Jessica & Becca) were here and everyone made a trip to Hobby Lobby (Kaden's new favorite store) with Grandma Ginny to get wooden projects to paint.  They have been itching for more painting projects since then and now that Gary has an office out of the house now I thought some personalized decorating from the kids was in order...


We decided we would get pressed wood letters and paint them and then we added soccer stickers and some stickers that had sayings about Dads. I thought they turned out cute!


One of McKenna's first homework assignments was to make a treasure box to take to school to share with her class.  So back to Hobby Lobby Kaden & I went in search of a box to paint & personalize.  To decorate the box we found some monogram M's, some cute ribbon and some small bling-y flowers.  She was so fill it with special things that represented her.  In it she put a favorite picture of her swimming, a soccer trophy, a gymnastics medal, a piece of her favorite candy and a very special bird nest that Grandpa Doug gave her a couple of summers ago.  And now that she has shared it at school she has a very cute box to keep other treasures in at home (very handy when you have a 2-year old brother who will ransack your room at every opportunity)!


And of course since Sissy was doing a project, Kaden needed one... I think he was originally thinking he wanted a little wooden birdhouse to paint & decorate but when he saw this little house that was it!  It is very cute... The roof comes off so he can put little people in it and play.  At this point it's only partially painted- I think he didn't want to bother doing the rest so he could just play with it :)

1 comment:

  1. I love all these activities!
    We love to paint around here too!

    ReplyDelete